A Mortgage Underwriting Supervisor will be responsible for coaching, training, and directing the workflow for the Underwriting Department in Franklin, Indiana. (THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.)
This person must have obtained FHA DE (Direct Endorsed) Underwriting authority and have VA credit underwriting and VA LAPP authority.
- Serves as the direct report for Underwriters within the department. Assists these employees with the daily tasks and questions concerning specific loan applications and loan programs.
- Performs yearly reviews. Sets goals and performance objectives of each direct report.
- Responsible for the training of the Underwriters.
- Assist branches with underwriting questions, scenarios and problems specific to the loan files assigned to you. Makes suggestions to the sales team on how to structure or restructure loans and provide suggestions on what can be obtained to satisfy outstanding conditions of the loan approval.
- Strong Compensation with opportunity for overtime pay.
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with immediate contribution eligibility
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Highest profit sharing trust in industry
- Vacation and Holidays
Desired Skills and Experience:
FHA VA Loans