Our client, based just outside of Philadelphia, is searching for a Legal Entity Controller is an integral member of the finance and accounting services team, reporting to the Global Controller-Region and the Finance Leader. The position oversees and participates in the book close, financial analytics, statutory reporting, coordination of local audits, balance sheet reviews & reconciliations, compliance with internal controls, implementation of Corporate Policies and Procedures and accurate, timely reporting to Corporate via SMART reporting tool and coordination of income tax computations and returns for the Region including the US, Canada and Caribbean Islands.
The position also acts as a central contact person for all queries, internal and external, for the legal entities in the Region. As such, enhanced written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS reporting in accordance with Corporate submission deadlines including: trial balance review, review of all balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis against prior year and budget, responding to Corporate queries and participation in submission reviews by Legal Entity to support SMART reporting, in conjunction with Corporate General Ledger team.
• Facilitate requests from Business Units as part of monthly closing process.
• Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of local country statutory reporting (statutory accounts, corporate income tax returns, Sales & Use tax, GST/PST/HST returns and claims) in conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Prepare income tax & deferred tax provisions for IFRS reporting and local income tax calculations in conjunction with internal and external tax advisors.
• Coordinate local statutory audit process including supplying information based on auditor’s requests, meeting with external auditors, status reporting and facilitating corporate review.
• Working with Corporate Controllers Group, implement and maintain accounting systems, procedures, accounting policies and internal controls across the NAM Region, recommending and leading improvements where necessary.
• Monitor payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting functions through working together and leveraging Global Process Owners (GPOs) in the Central Corporate group.
• Develop and implement the system of KPIs to assess the quality of the general accounting service to ensure continuous improvement of quality of books and processes, facilitate regular close post mortem reviews, drive open items to closure.
• Provide help in identifying opportunities to simplify the legal entities landscape toward leaner structure as well as help integrate SUEZ legacy entities into SWTS corporate structure.
• Manage various ad hoc and regular queries from Corporate stakeholders including Tax, Treasury, Accounting Research and Controllers Group.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
• Qualified member of a recognized accountancy body including: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA highly desired
• At least 7 years’ experience in financial accounting and reporting environment – multi-national experience preferred
• Experience in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, knowledge of SAP is a plus
• Ability to travel, approximately 25%
For more information or to submit your resume please contact Megan Suda: email@example.com, 716-631-3200