A Fortune 500 company who is one of the largest home-building companies in the nation is seeking an experienced Underwriter for their Canonsburg team. Known for their stability, they offer great culture, unique benefits, and aggressive promote-from-within culture.
- Be responsible for analyzing, underwriting, evaluating mortgage residential loan applications according to business and credit standards, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Submit loans through the automated underwriting system (AUS).
- Approve or touch on pending loans and present appropriate loans to the loan committee on a daily basis.
- Assist assigned branches with their underwriting questions, situations, and problems.
- Ensure a 1-2 business day(s) underwriting turnaround for new loans and re-submits.
- At least one of the following Underwriting designations: Conventional, VA, or FHA (Direct Endorsement a plus)
- Basic knowledge of credit, spread analysis, finance and lending procedures, preferably in mortgage residential lending.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- A team-player who has strong interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of mortgage products/regulations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong Compensation with opportunity for overtime pay.
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with immediate contribution eligibility
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Highest profit sharing trust in industry
- Vacation and Holidays
Desired Skills and Experience:
FHA VA Loans