Our client is a supplier of custom antenna solutions. They manufacture communications systems for government agencies, transit companies and the military to deliver antenna solutions that are custom made for specific program requirements. The company is stable and has been around since the 1960's. They have a strong culture based on integrity and professional values that recognizes employees for more than just their technical skills. They believe in innovation and progressive leadership but maintain the simple values that keep people working together for long periods of time. They have a tenured staff and pride themselves on treating every employee with respect and gratitude. Excellent benefits and compensation.
The Senior RF Engineer designs, builds, tests, troubleshoots, developmental and production antennas and associated components by performing the primary responsibilities below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a basic list, other duties may be assigned as required)
• Responsible for creating and designing new product designs to meet or exceed all customer requirements and specifications.Execute project design concepts effectively to fulfill customer and internal requirements within a predetermined schedule and budget. Responsible for fabrication of antenna concepts and prototypes.
• Effectively transfer antenna designs to manufacturing and ensure products meet specifications and quality requirements.
• Refine concepts to develop robust, cost effective and manufacturable designs.
• Identify and manage project risks early in the design phase. Must be able to mitigate risks by engineering design, material and scheduling alternatives to minimize those risks.
• Assist in the preparation of proposals including design concepts, task durations and costing.
• Coordinate a cross-functional team to ensure projects are carried out with accuracy and efficiency.
• Effectively interface with interdisciplinary team during presentation of preliminary and critical design reviews, and product transition to manufacturing.
• Actively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement and embrace lean design principles.
• Must be capable of creating new and unique solutions to fulfill customer requirements.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college; and five to fifteen years related experience and/or training is required. This position requires US Citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Prior experience in developing antennas and filters for the military market; or military communications experience preferred.
Must have a firm understanding of RF and antenna fundamentals which includes a solid theoretical and applied background in antenna impedance matching and filter design.
Candidate is required to have hands-on prototype development capability, including the ability to create antenna and filter designs.
Must have the ability to create test plans, perform accurate antenna pattern measurements, antenna gain measurements and power handling tests using a variety of measurement equipment including Network Analyzers.
Must be capable of creating new and unique solutions to fulfill customer requirements.
Requires a high level of drive and commitment to work independently toward achieving goals. A strong commitment to quality and accuracy is essential
All business is conducted in English. Other language skills such as Spanish or German would be considered n asset. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information, and government publications. Ability to write reports, customer instructions, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to such tasks as electrical length, quality factor, SWR calculation, and test accuracy.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Position may require government security clearance.